21 May Social Media
- October 9, 2018
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Venue: The State Buildings
Social Media is almost universally used—by consumers and brands—which makes it one of the most effective (and perhaps cost-effective) channels to connect with your audience. And engagement is the name of the game! It’s not enough to just be on social media, you need to be actively engaging with your audience. Users expect to see EVERY business on social media.
Join us as we navigate you through the social media powerhouses of Facebook and Instagram and how to use them effectively for your type of business.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Identify where your audience is and how to keep them engaged
- Understand how your customers interact with your brand on social media
- Why content is the most important factor in social media and how to create it
- How to use Facebook and Instagram effectively
- Time saving tools for sourcing content, creating images and scheduling all your posts
- How to measure your social media’s effectiveness and report on return on investment (ROI)
- Social Media tips and tricks for each platform
- How to create a social media schedule
- Ways to increase traffic to your website from social media
- Pitfalls to avoid
- The basics of social media advertising
Who is it suited for?
This workshop is suited for startups, small business owners, or anyone whose role involves marketing for a small/local business and has a need for social media. The workshop covers beginner to intermediate.
Please bring a laptop/tablet and phone with you.
*Parking is included.
The Presenter – Megan Del Borrello
Megan has over 15 years marketing experience, and is adept in both online and offline marketing, allowing for a truly integrated approach. Having previously been the Managing Director of a Digital Agency she specialises in developing and implementing marketing strategies, social media marketing and campaign development for small to large enterprise. She has a keen interest in educating small business and not for profits to help them understand the online space.
Megan is a member of the Australian Institute of Marketing and a Board Member and the Marketing and Communications Chair of 100 Women a Perth based not for profit. She is also a regular media commentator and contributor featuring in WA Today, 6PR, Sydney Morning Herald, Courier Mail, Triple M & ABC 720 Perth.
Megan speaks/presents at seminars, business associations and private companies including APSMA, Reece Plumbing, SPASA WA, District 32 and Nifnex.