04 May Marketing Basics
- July 7, 2018
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Venue: Telethon Speech and Hearing
Not sure where to start when it comes to marketing for your business? In our jam packed workshop we will help you start building your brand and show you effective ways to market your business to attract potential clients. We’ll take it back to basics and help you map out a marketing plan that that meet the needs of your target market and most of all will keep you on track!
Here’s what you will learn:
• How to create an effective marketing plan
• Identifying your target audience
• Set achievable marketing objectives
• The importance of marketing messages
• Cost effective ways to promote your business
• Why having a great website is essential (and a live review of 2 x attendees websites)
• The basics of Google Analytics
• The fundamentals of content marketing
• How to use email marketing effectively
• The basics of social media – Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
• The basics of blogging
• How to create an editorial calendar
• A bunch of marketing tips and tricks
• Tools to use to track your marketing
Who should attend?
This workshop is suited for startups, small business owners, or anyone whose role involves marketing for a small/local business. The workshop covers beginner to intermediate.
It is not a requirement to bring a laptop/tablet but it does help.
The Presenter – Megan Del Borrello
Megan has over 15 years marketing experience, and is adept in both online and offline marketing, allowing for a truly integrated approach. Having previously been the Managing Director of a Digital Agency she specialises in developing and implementing marketing strategies, social media marketing and campaign development for small to large enterprise. She has a keen interest in educating small business and not for profits to help them understand the online space.
Megan is a member of the Australian Institute of Marketing and a Board Member and the Marketing and Communications Chair of 100 Women a Perth based not for profit. She is also a regular media commentator and contributor featuring in WA Today, 6PR, Sydney Morning Herald, Courier Mail, Triple M & ABC 720 Perth.
Megan speaks/presents at seminars, business associations and private companies including APSMA, Reece Plumbing, SPASA WA, District 32 and Nifnex.